Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Inclusive Editing (Editing Goes Global)
Transcript of Inclusive Editing (Editing Goes Global)
Othering is a process in which one group is seen as "us" and another is seen as "them".
what they want
to be called.
Beyond Political Correctness
Social movements speed up the gradual pace of language change.
Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use.
Words are both a reflection of and a catalyst for the way
our society operates.
Are you making the world
better? Or worse?
Determine what's considered to be
normal, legitimate discourse.
Contribute to or legitimize physical violence.
WORDS HAVE POWER TO:
If you have to ask whether something will distract readers, it will.
"I’m worried that readers—or, worse, reviewers—might wrongly take your wording here to be sexist in nature. Let’s rephrase."
(Carol Fisher Saller,
The Subversive Copyeditor
General and specialized style guides
Your own style sheets
Engaging with groups/communities
people with disabilities
on the autism spectrum
people with mental illness