Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why is the Sky Blue?
Transcript of Why is the Sky Blue?
"Blue Skies and Red Sunsets." Blue Skies and Red Sunsets. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2012. <http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/light/u12l2f.cfm>. Why the Sky is blue? Nanami Kondo
Yuki Sato Contents What color is sunlight?
Why is the sky blue(on a sunny day)
Why is the sky orange (at sunrise)
Conclusion Let's make the sky :) Plastic bottle
Dark room 1. Fill the plastic bottle with some water.
2. Add a few drops of wax.
3. Switch on the flashlight and shine it down into the water which should appear blue.
4. Shine the flashlight through one side of the plastic bottle. The flashlight should be near the middle.
5. Go to the other side and look at the light through the water.
6. The water should appear pink, while the area directly in line with the flashlight should appear a yellow-orange color. METHOD Role of each piece of equipment
Plastic bottle = the Earth
Water plus wax = Air molecules in the atmosphere
Flashlight = Sunlight
Dark room = Space The earth is in the space The space is all dark We are always watching the space from the earth The sun is usually represented by red, orange or yellow. But it's actually close to white colour red, orange, yellow, green, blue, dark blue and violet – rainbow. white light Earth's atmosphere
collides with gas molecules. Why does the sky become pink and red at sunset? EQUIPMENT The sunlight come through more atmosphere I The blue or Red sky did not appear.
We could see the color of the space.
It means the sky is always BLACK :o The light of violet and blue are easy to scatter . Why is the Sky Blue? f There Were No Atmosphere...... The sky is blue because the blue light scattered more than red light in the atmosphere.
At sunset, the sky is red because the red and orange lights have stronger rays so it can go through longer distance. CONCLUSION By the way... Do You like
Experiment...? Then... Finish :) I tried an experiment at home :)
by Nanami Kondo Orange Blue Flashlight Flashlight Blue Water Wax LOL