Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of organization culture
The cultural pyramid
1.Firstly, artifacts are the surface aspects of organizational culture.As surface parts of organizational culture, artifacts are the most direct reflection from the organization. It includes organizational image, production image, image of entrepreneurs and employees
2 Values of organization include conscious strategies, goals and philosophies.Every new employee must understand and accept these values through study and observe, although it is difficult to learn and observe for new employees.The important things is organizational culture has own common goal and sense of unite in this level.
One of the most unusual workplaces in the world
Set own salary
What do you think, what factors did influence on creating such a unique "Semco" organization culture? And why it's so effective for this company?
1. http://www.semco.com.br/en/ The company's official site.
1) elimination of hierarchical organization charts
2) flex-time scheduling
3) redesign of the work environment
Key differences from traditional Org. Cult. model
Facts about Semco
1. 900% growth in 10 years
2. grows from 100 to 3 000 + employees
3. industry ranking from 86th to 4th in machinery. And 1 in all services they offer
Yeah, but why...?
Would you implement such a model for you business in your country?
Such manner of doing business makes a huge influence on organizational culture. It's not only RADICAL, its also PROFITABLE.
Managing without managers
Own stories and symbols
Traditions and rituals
Basically, organizational culture is the personality of the organization. Culture is comprised of the assumptions, values, norms and tangible signs (artifacts) of organization members and their behaviors. Members of an organization soon come to sense the particular culture of an organization. Culture is one of those terms that's difficult to express distinctly, but everyone knows it when they sense it.
3.(1)Basic underlying assumption is the latest level, which is the core of the organizational culture.
(2)Organizational culture is the internal driving force to development of organization; it is also the key factor to decide an organization become success or failure.
This is the company's core competitiveness
Semco Partners seeks partners that:
- Are one of the top two companies worldwide in their market;
- Possess an important technological differential (an “engineered” product or complex service);
- Present the potential for fast development in Brazil;
- Are financially healthy;