Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
EDTC 7030 Multimedia Project: Gamification
Transcript of EDTC 7030 Multimedia Project: Gamification
Behavior you can
game Gamification doesn't rely on internal motivation. Instead, it's using the oldest tricks in the book: providing instantaneous feedback, egging on the competition and rewarding even tiny steps of progress. Gamification assumes that the player isn't especially motivated--at least at the beginning--and then provides barrels of incentives to ramp up that motivation.
The 'Gamification' Of Education
- Elizabeth Corcoran Students need to remain engaged and continue to learn voluntarily outside the classroom. Gamification can be used to provide the external motivators that continue the cycle of learning outside the classroom by encouraging curiosity and providing incentives to facilitate different kinds of learning. As with all
the objectives. Add
context drive the user
to model desired
motivation Gamification is not the same as game-making. Gamification is about
mechanics to improve
or business processes. Well done!
You have achieved
Level 3 experience
by completing this
brief overview of
the exciting world
of gamification! Congratulations on reaching keep going to learn more Your status is now you are ready to go for the next level! more... (2011, June 14). Adding play into the enterprise. Retrieved from The Future of Work
website:http://blog.socialcast.com/e2sday-adding-play-to-the-enterprise/ (2007, October 1). What is gamification? Retrieved from
Gamification website:http://gamification.com/whatis Davis, K. (2011, ). Retrieved from Chorewars::Claim Experience
Points for Housework website:http://www.chorewars.com/ Zichermann, G. (2011, June 9). Tedxkids@brussels - gamification. Retrieved
from YouTube website: http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2N-5maKZ9Q (2011, ). Ribbon hero 2 introduction. Retrieved from Ribbon Hero
website: http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfP0qTsy7Xw Corcoran, E. (2010, October 27). Gaming education. Retrieved from
O'Reilly Radar website:http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/10/gaming-education.html more... (please note, this presentation is not designed for full screen playback)