Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Snakes
Exist in Asia, Europe, Africa, South America, North America, Oceania
Two classes of snakes---
Alethinophidia & Scolecophidia
Perception & Internal Organs
Scales & Skin
Cold-blooded animals, covered by scales
Can not chew
Have flexible jaws
Trivia about Snakes
Snake blood & Snake Wine
Locomotion & Reproduction
Oviparous & ovoviviparous
Diet of Snakes
Moulting: 3-4 times every year
Sensitive to vibrations
Organs are not symmetry
Heart can move
Use scales and tail to move
Easter Brown Snake
• Venom is modified saliva of snakes and delivered through fangs
• Neurotoxins: tetany
• Hemotoxins: PAIN! & hemolysis
• Cytotoxins: specifically toxic to the heart
From Australia Venom Research Unit
Snakes as Food & Pet
Resistance to the venom
Less than 2% of snakes are considered harmful to humans.
Deep Fried Snakes
Smallest Snake & Largest Snakes
Anaconda can live without eating for..?
How much is one gram of snakes' venom?
Pythons & King Snakes are popular
Many Asian countries has the habit of eat snakes
Produce by Shane