Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of PRESENTATION
REDESIGNING SWARGADWAR CREMATION GROUND,
STUDIES AND INFERENCES
SITE AND CONTEXT
PROCESS MATTERS !
ARCHITECTURE DESIGN THESIS 2015 (B.ARCH)
GOOD AFTERNOON !
INTRODUCING YOU TO THE PROJECT !!
THE URBAN FABRIC AROUND
DETAILED PLAN : CREMATORIUM
THIS PRESENTATION IS DIVIDED INTO
THAT SHOWCASES . . . .
1. D E S I G N U N D E R S T A N D I N G A N D C A P A B I L I T Y A S A N A R C H I T E C T.
2. T E A C H I N G / L E A RN I N G M E T H O D O L O G Y A N D A C H I E V E M E N T S A S A F A C U L T Y
P R E S E N T A T I O N
V S S U T , B U R L A , S A M B A L P U R
0 3 A U G U S T 2 0 1 7
W O R K E X P E R I E N C E S A N D T E A C H I N G M E T H O D O L O G Y
K L S ' S G . I . T , B E L G A U M , K A R N A T A K A ( 2 0 1 5 , 1 6 & 1 7 )
TO START WITH ...
MOVING ON TO THE
SECTIONS AND VIEWS
POSITION : LECTURER.
WORK EXPERIENCE : 1.5 YEARS.
WORK LOAD : 21 HOURS PER WEEK IN 2015.
20 HOURS PER WEEK IN 2016.
SCHEMES : BOTH (VTU AFFILIATED & AUTONOMOUS).
STUDENT'S APPRECIATION : 90.8 % IN 2015
92.6 % IN 2016
SUBJECTS TAUGHT :
1. ARCHITECTURE DESIGN : SEM 1 (RESIDENCE DESIGN )
2. ARCHITECTURE DESIGN : SEM 2 (CLUB HOUSE)
3. ARCHITECTURE DESIGN : SEM 4 (HOUSING)
4. BUILDING CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS : SEM 3
5. HISTORY OF ARCHITECTURE : SEM 2
6. HISTORY OF ARCHITECTURE : SEM 5
7. BUILDING SERVICES : SEM 4
7. COMPUTER APPLICATION : SEM 1 (AUTO- CAD 2016)
8. COMPUTER APPLICATION : SEM 2 (SKETCH UP 2017, LUMION 6.0)
9. COMPUTER APPLICATION : SEM 3 (REVIT 2015, PHOTOSHOP CS6, INDESIGN CS6, ILLUSTRATOR CS6)
10. ART STUDIO : SEM 1
11. PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO : SEM 2
TEACHING LEARNING METHODOLOGY
ARCHITECTURE DESIGN 1
‘Stories and Spaces’ This exercise attempts to initiate the idea of weaving stories into spaces. Students are given a certain number of walls as design element and are expected to create a space that explores the theme -‘Path and Destination’. While the students explore the theme, they have to weave a spatial narrative in space,that create movement and a sense of final destination
Design studio – The design studio intent was to study and implement the design principles of one of the four eminent architects (Ar.Charles Correa, Ar.B.V Doshi, Ar Bijoy Jain, Ar.Girish Dariyav Karnawat ) in a residential Category. To study and analyze their work and imitate their philosophies.
CONDUCTED 4 SITE VISITS FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING MATERIAL AND JOINRY.
ON SITE SKETCHING BY STUDENTS FROM THE LIVE MODEL.
MAKING OF SCALED MODELS OF VARIOUS TRUSSES AND DOOR FRAMES BEFORE DRAFTING.
MATERIAL SURVEY AND MARKET VALUE ANALYSIS.
Art Studio in 2nd semester is for Students to Explore Performing Arts like Dance, Dramatics and Music. A Workshop conducted on Study of Dance and its Forms by Ms.Venu on 9th March 2016
Art Studio class for the 2nd semester, encourages students to explore basics of drama and implementation of stories into act etc. As part of an exercise conducted in the class students performed and participated in different drama acts. Presently the work of 1st yr (2015-16 batch) Drama Artist- Mr. Rohit Patil
1st Year students were exposed to the art of pottery making under the art studio curriculum. A one day workshop conducted by CVPI Khanapur was arranged and students were escorted to the place .
The workshop opened up the students to yards, this traditional vernacular art form and later resulted in involvement and appretiation of the same. It also helped the students to learn the nitty-gritty of the art form.
Wall painting by 2nd Semester students on Master Architects was carried out in the Department premises. Its the collage of abstract images of the most iconic works of the various modern and contemporary Architects. The painting measures approx 2.4m in width and 3.8m in ht. Inaugurated on 16th March 2016.
BUILDING CONSTRUCTION :
PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION AT THE END OF THE SEM
STUDIO (II semester) Objective is to introduce the idea of ‘abstraction’ in Architectural Design, enabling students to weave stories, inspirations, and patterns in space making. ‘Observation’ and ‘Appreciation’ Students get acquainted with the joys of observing details of phenomenon, such as release of coloured ink in water. Students were initiated to meditate upon a happening and observe it keenly. While observing they consciously record their feelings, further capturing the photograph of the pattern generated by ink and water students were asked to give the title to the same by giving appropriate reason.
DESIGN STUDIO 2 : AN DIFFERENT APPROACH
DESIGN STUDIO 4 : MASS HOUSING
1. BEST UG THESIS AWARD. MYSORE UNIVERSITY. 2015 .
2. SELECTED TO PRESENT UG THESIS AT NIASA 2015 ZONE 4 AT OOTY.
3. VISHARAD IN INDIAN PURCUSSION FROM SANGEET KALA ACADEMY . 2012
4. 1ST POSITION IN STATE LEVEL ART COMPETITION ORGANIZED BY KVS . 2010
5. BEST STUDENT AWARD IN A ROW FOR 3 YEARS . 2008, 09, 10
6. GOVERNOR'S AWARD FOR BHARAT SCOUTS. 2010.