Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
FIRST WORLD WAR I
Transcript of FIRST WORLD WAR I
TREATY OF VERSAILLES
It was created by General Count Alfred von Schlieffen in December 1905. This Plan was the operational plan for a designated attack on France once Russia.In 1914, Germany believed war with Russia was extremely likely. If war broke out, Germany assumed France would also attack as she was both an ally of Russia and keen for revenge for her defeat in the Franco-Prussian war.
BATTLE OF MARNE
BATTLE OF VERDUN BATTLE OF THE SOMME BATTLE OF YPRES
- Date: 5-12 September 1914 - Date: 21 February - 18 December 1916 - Date: 1 July until November 1916 - Date: October 19 1914 - October 2 1918
- Location: Marne River, near Paris. - Location: Verdun north-eastern - Location: Somme River - Location: Ypres, Belgium
- Result: Decisive Allied victory. - Result: Germany vs France - Result: British-France vs German empire - Result: Allied victory
- French tactical victory - British-France victor
- Injuries: 80.000 people died.
- Injuries: More than 1.000.000 Injuries: 1.200.000 people died more or less - Injuries: More than 1.000.000
28 of July 1914 - 11 of November 1918
The summary of the First World War
- Britain and Germany were competing to have the most powerful navy in the world tension in Europe.
-The Scramble for Africa (when European countries had tried to get as many colonies as they could) had led to many small conflicts around the world. This meant that some of the major European powers were not very friendly towards each other.
- The French were very distrustful of the Germans as a result of the war in 1870-1871 that the Germans had won.
- Nationalism. People across the world were very eager to let the rest of the world how strong and important their country was. Many people thought that their country was better than others: and thought that they'd be able to win a war very easily if there was one.
- The Balkans region of Europe was claimed by both Russia and Austria (it was in general under Austrian control). This meant that the Russians and the Austrians would both be eager to enforce their authority over this region.
- A desire for independence. Many people in Europe lived in countries that were part of empires. They didn't all like being ruled by people with different languages and religions and this led to conflicts that could (and did) involve other nations.
- The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo. He was the heir to the Austrian throne and was murdered by Serbian nationalist Gavrilo Princip. This was the spark that caused war to be declared.
FIRST WORLD WAR I
JON SANTOS, BEÑAT SANCHEZ AND ARITZ LASA
The First World War The Allied Powers and the Central Powers. The Allied Powers were largely formed as a defense against the aggression of Germany and the Central Powers. They began as an alliance between Francee, Russia and Britain Triple Entente
The Central Powers began as an alliance between Germany and Austria-Hungary. Later the Ottoman Empire and Bulgaria became part of the Central Powers.
A trench is a type of excavation or depression in the ground that is generally deeper than it is wide.
Most of the fights were fought in trenches. The soldiers lived there and when they must to advance, they had to dig.
It advanced a lot.
In tanks, flamethrowers, tracer bullets...
World War I was the first time that aircraft were used on a large scale.
(First World War poster) I have submited the “Sweet World” project to the JPG Magazine. If it has a lot of vots it would be published. This poster was for encourage the people.
World war 1 propaganda posters war. For encourage the people
They use to carry bayonet, entrenching tool, water, personal ammunition, gas mask, mills bombs,bedroll, machine-gun ammunition, rations, greatcoat, underclothes, paybook,bandage, mess tin.