Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chunk, Chew, Check
Transcript of Chunk, Chew, Check
Examples of Chunks
The "chunk" part of the lesson is the information that the teacher provides for
the students. This could be in a variety
Research has shown that even adult brains accept new information more efficiently in small chunks. Here are some guidelines:
5-7 minute chunk of direct instruction for K-2
8-12 minute chunk of direct instruction for grades 3-6
10 -14 minute chunk of direct instruction for grades 7-12
Small chunks please!
After each chunk, students should have time to "chew" or process or digest the newly acquired information. Like chunks, the chews can take on a wide array of appearances. See handouts for strategies!
The "check" is the most exciting and creative part! Students are given choice in how they demonstrate their levels of understanding of the material from the day or lesson.