Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
1.2 Unit 16: Exercise for Specific Groups: The provision for exercise
Transcript of 1.2 Unit 16: Exercise for Specific Groups: The provision for exercise
Checking for learning
Checking for Learning
Provision for sport
Unit 16 - Exercise for Specific Groups: The provision for exercise for specific groups.
- What two types of specific groups are there?
Those who are in a specific stage in life
Those who have medical conditions
- Why is it important for government to spend money on PA now ?
Save money in the future on medical expenses
Be able to label each specific group
Examine the provision for exercise
From the posters that you created last lesson on your specific group. You are now required to make a collation of everybody's specific group.
Children & Young People
Chronological Age =
Biological Age =
May be disabled in one of the following ways:
Asked to do some exercise by:
Age :50 +
Everyone is different
Some may age quicker than others
Local Authority Classes
Age in years and months
Stage of development and maturity
The main consideration for training young people are their
bone and muscle
Develop at different rates throughout this age range
Boys can be
Girls may be
Time of rapid physiological change for the female.
Essential to consider not only the female but the baby when training
Need to carefully consider appropriate exercises for pregnant women
Why might a mother want to exercise again after giving birth?
body may have changed due to pregnancy
damage to many structures of the body
Caesarean will affect movement for a period of time
Can exercise following six-week check-up
May want to rid of baby weight
Lots of reasons for referral