Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Career Success
A JOB CANDIDATE
Majors, Minors, and Coursework
- Are these things really THAT important?
- What is a "GOOD" GPA ? Does GPA really matter? What if mine stinks?
- I have some work experience, is it relevant? I have (or have not done) an internship. I have had commitments like military and summer school with little real world experience, what should I do about this?
Life as a Citadel Cadet
How do I translate my LEADERSHIP ability into something that will be meaningful to an employer?
Your degree is good, but employers will also look for other skills and attributes they value:
Ability to work in a team
Flexibility and adaptability
Develop confidence interacting with potential employers.
Know what to say and how to initiate conversation.
Understand how to brand and separate yourself.
Develop a plan to engage, inquire, and follow up.
Career Success -
What Do Employers Want?
Understand the job market!
Network like a Professional
Networking and Social Media -
Are you really looking at me online?
1. What information do you EXPECT students to know?
2. Where and how should they find it?
3. How much time should students spend researching?
4. Can you tell if a student is bluffing and has done nothing to prepare?
5. Can you give an example of what you would expect a student to know about your company if they speak with you?
Total Quality Logistics
The CITADEL CAREER CENTER
with guest speakers from:
Employers will give real examples on what works and what does not (in terms of what makes a successful candidate).
Students will better understand the job market, qualifications, and expectations of potential employers.
Students will develop confidence interacting with potential employers (know what to say, how to initiate conversation, and how to brand themselves).
Understand the job market.
What does a student need to do?
What do employers really want? Lets chat about -
Experience, Majors, Minors, Coursework, and GPA.
Soft Skills - How do employers gauge if a student has these?
Leadership, Maturity, Teamwork, and Commitment.
Recommendations on networking like a professional.
From branding yourself to social media.
The Career Fair Date and Time.
Don't miss it!
CITADEL CAREER FAIR, WEDNESDAY
FEBRUARY 26th 12:30-4:00PM
HOLLIDAY ALUMNI CENTER
artwork by Cadet Joe Clyburn