Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Periodic Table: Elements with Style!
Transcript of The Periodic Table: Elements with Style!
The Periodic Table
Content Area: Science
Presented By: Jeffrey Israel
By: Simon Basher & Adrian Dingle
Radium was discovered in 1898 by Marie Curie and her husband Pierre.
Marie Curie was the first woman to win the Nobel Prize (Physics & Chemistry).
Marie Curie discovered radioactivity.
Marie Curie's birthday is November 7.
"Language is not only the vehicle of thought, it is a great and efficient instrument in thinking" -
- Chemistry, Biology, Physics, & Earth Science
- Science fiction writing
- Dramatic role play
- Cartoon character creation
- Art therapy
- Historic dates, events, and famous scientists.
Periodic Table - Dmitri Mendeleev
The book is 128 pages.
It's rated grade level 5 and up.
64 of 118 elements are covered.
Short character profiles are used.
The theme is reminiscent of Pokemon.
Plutonium was born in a laboratory in Berkeley, CA in 1941.
It was named after the planet Pluto.
The 239 isotope was used to make the Fat Man bomb.
Fat Man was dropped on August 9, 1945 landing on Nagasaki, Japan killing 200,000 people.
R.A.F.T. writing strategy
Coffee house activity
Dramatic role play
Element of the week
Research indicates reading infusion improves students' grades.
One new book per week
Reading response sheet
Title of the book
Time spent reading
One big idea learned
One thing the student is still curious about
How enjoyable was the book?
- Take on the role of an element of their choice.
- Tell a friend
- Short story
- Interactions with other elements of the periodic table. For example, chlorine gas can form bonds with sodium, potassium, calcium, and copper. These are common metal salts used to color fireworks.
Students write poems, letters, songs, or acting scripts.
Students perform pieces in a round circle classroom format.
Projects must contain researched facts about the elements.