Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of diversity 2
"A teacher is a cultural mediator and an agent for change."
-Dr. J. Banks "Are we challenging students to think critically about the material they are learning?"
"Are we promoting an appreciation of multicultural voices within the classroom?"
"Are we encouraging students to question and openly discuss critical issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism?"
"Are we truly preparing students to live in a multicultural society?"
the hidden curriculum Dr. James Banks MULTICULTURAL EDUCATION Promotes acceptance of and
respect for all cultures Develops an understanding and appreciation of one’s own cultural heritage as well as that of other cultures Fosters positive self-regard in one’s own culture and positive attitudes toward the culture of others Approaches to Multicultural Education Contributions Approach Additive Approach Transformative Approach Social Action Approach