Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Strong Thesis Statements
Transcript of Strong Thesis Statements
2) Useful background
Topic: Basketball & My Life
Basketball has changed my life in three important ways.
Topic: CATS VS. DOGS
Cats make better pets than dogs for many reasons.
Topic: THE EFFECTS OF IMMIGRATION ON NEW YORK CITY
Immigration has kept New York City alive and growing since it was a village.
is the one thing you are trying to show or prove in the essay.
A thesis is like a nail. It needs to be simple and sharp. And every paragraph in the essay must drive it in like a hammer.
A thesis statement makes one clear, specific claim that’s worth talking about:
Worth talking about...
Our interest in celebrities and athletes distracts us from really understanding what our government is doing.
Every essay needs a thesis statement: one clear sentence that says what the whole paper is trying to prove or explain.
Where does the thesis fit in?