Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Strong Thesis Statements
Transcript of Strong Thesis Statements
2) Useful background
Topic: Basketball & My Life
Basketball has changed my life in three important ways.
Topic: CATS VS. DOGS
Cats make better pets than dogs for many reasons.
Topic: THE EFFECTS OF IMMIGRATION ON NEW YORK CITY
Immigration has kept New York City alive and growing since it was a village.
is the one thing you are trying to show or prove in the essay.
A thesis is like a nail. It needs to be simple and sharp. And every paragraph in the essay must drive it in like a hammer.
A thesis statement makes one clear, specific claim that’s worth talking about:
Worth talking about...
Our interest in celebrities and athletes distracts us from really understanding what our government is doing.
Every essay needs a thesis statement: one clear sentence that says what the whole paper is trying to prove or explain.
Where does the thesis fit in?