Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
UNICEF - English III - Jessica & Nils
Transcript of UNICEF - English III - Jessica & Nils
and administrative costs
economies of scale
" A book, a pencil, a child and a teacher can change the world."
Malala Yousafzai - Nobelprice winner 2014
Business Model Canvas
Nobel Peace Prize
Food to Europe
UNICEF becomes permanent part of the UN
Declaration of the Rights of the Child
United Nations Children´s Fund
- First name: The International Children´s Emergency Fund (ICEF)
- Created by the United Nations General Assembly
- On December 11, 1946
Special Session on Children
e.g. modular reusual equipment
donation, grants, subsidies
• United Nations
• Multilateral organizations ( EU )
• Civil society organizations
◦ Types of CSOs include:
• International and national non-governmental organizations;
• Community-based organizations;
• Social movements;
• Faith-based organizations;
• Advocacy groups;
• Trade unions;
• Women's groups;
• Professional voluntary associations;
• Independent media;
• Social networks;
• Think-tanks and research institutes.
• Corporate sector
• FC Barcelona
• IKEA Foundation
• Kiwanis International
• P&G Pampers
UNICEF Signature Alliances
• Change for Good
• Check out for Children (Starwood Hotels and Resorts)
National commitees ( 36 )
Financial outcomes: donation, grants, sales proceeds, x revenue, membership sign-ups, one-time transactions, recurring transactions
Non-financial outcomes: bevavior change, x social impact, mission-related milestones and outcomes, membership sign-ups
dedicated personal assistance
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ )
rights-based approach communication strategy
direct input of the donor to the outcome of the services.
: intergovernmental organization
: New York City
: Anthony Lake
: 7200 employees in over 191 countries and territories
36 countries worldwide
Around 6 million individual donors worldwide
1.36 billion USD (2006) : voluntary contributions from states and donations
"Don't ignore me"
Toddlers in Bangladesh
-> teaching "shoro borno"
Why did we choose UNICEF?
"Nearly 18,000 children die unnecessarily every single day"
humanitarian assistance US$1.3 billion in 2013
-> 62 % increase over 2012
Other resources: e.g. equipment, buildings, vehicles, etc ...
Revenue streams by source of funding
( in US$ )
as fast as possible
committed to UN Coherence
-> sustainable results
-> effective and efficient
1. The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to
of every child,
everywhere, in everything!
children are essential for a sustainable planet,
and vice versa.
3. The strategic plan contains the combination of
mobilized to advance the Goals to
of poor people, particularly children.
partial "World Innovation Map" of the UNICEF offices
Check it out:
For queries from UNICEF in Germany related to donations, Trick-or-Treat or change of mailing address -->
For media related queries please contact -> firstname.lastname@example.org
For employment queries
Deutsches Komitee für UNICEF e.V.
Höninger Weg 104
Tel: 0221 / 93650-0
Fax: 0221 / 93650-279
Junior Professional Officer
-> How to apply
> Online Application
(Tel: +49-228-815 2000 )
Senior staff vacancies
Thank you !