Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Narrowing the Gap
Transcript of Narrowing the Gap
The school culture is one where every child is visible and valued.
They use data to identify the children at risk of underachieving and pinpoint aspects of mathematics that are presenting barriers to their learning.
They look out for children who have low confidence in mathematics and work to build up children’s self esteem, whilst offering genuine challenge and setting high expectations.
They adopt a range of teaching approaches, taking into account the needs of individuals and groups of children. Based on their identification of gaps, these schools engage in professional development, reflecting and evaluating its impact on learning, and in refining and strengthening quality first teaching. They know that as some gaps close, others may appear but they are ready to tackle new challenges as successfully as they did for others.