Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of lipton
With 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways. products Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe , signal , close-up , fair and lovely ,and Vaseline History in the 1920’s, Margerine Unie and Lever Brothers merged to create unilever .
in 1930's ,Unilever's first business in the Middle East started in Saudi Arabia ..
in 1992 , unilever was established in egypt .
In January 2001, the operations of Unilever Levant were merged into Unilever Egypt to create Unilever Mashreq .
in 1865 ,Sir Thomas Johnstone created the lipton tea .
Lipton is the global market leader in both leaf and ready-to-drink tea, with a global market share nearly three times larger than its nearest rival and is available in over 110 countries . Tea Bags Packets senior brand
manager senior brand
manager assistant brand manager assistant brand manager The marketing department concentrates on fulfilling conumer need .
the sales dep. coordinates with the marketing dep. to set the sales target .(distribution of the products is done by the sales )
The marketing department also coordinates with the planning department in order to adjust sales target with the production capacity.
For advertising lipton deals with an agency which creates and develops the ideas .
Also for research Lipton deals with a research agency which provides all the researches that the marketing department needs. marketing function achieving the 2-fold goals Lipton marketing team , which we can call the innovation team ,works hard to attract new customers everyday and to keep the loyalty and devotion of the existing customers .Attracting new customers by creating new flavours of tea , reducing the prices of its products for a certain time period . Lipton has been successful in doing that for many years and in increasing its market share all over the world. Is unilever a smart company ?
This concept is not very common in Egypt. Regarding Unilever, since it is a manufacturing company not a service company, it's not relevant to this type of industries, due to the consumer differences. Therefore, it's not a smart company because it cannot under promise and over deliver for each customer that is indifferent in using the products. •Cif
•Fair &lovely omo BCG matrix To segment the market for Lipton’s main 3 product lines, dust, CTC and Lipton Tea bags. Lipton combines the demographic segmentation variable (income) with psychographic segmentation variables (the social class, lifestyle and personality) to get what Lipton calls living standard measurement (LSM) which is a scale from 1 to 18 showing different living standards of people. segmentation and targeting The marketing environment
It is defined as the actors and forces outside marketing that affect marketing management’s ability to build and maintain successful relationships with target customers. It consist of both micro and macro environment. The microenvironment is the actors closed to the company that affect its ability to serve its customers – the company , suppliers ,marketing intermediaries, customer markets, competitors and publics. Additionally microenvironment is the larger societal forces that affect the microenvironment-demographic, economic, natural, technological, political and cultural forces. micro environment company The matrix structure is the structure of the multifunctional team which indicates that the marketing, sales, supply chain and finance department cooperate with each other to coordinate the activities of the marketing department. For example when the marketing department decides to make promotions it has to refer to the finance department if they have the budget to cover this promotion. The departments should work in harmony to provide superior customer value and satisfaction suppliers The increase in supply cost effect the gross margin. Lipton is free to decide whether to increase price to maintain its profit or operate on a lower margin which means that prices would remain the same and they will lower their profits. competitors The competitive advantage of Lipton over the other brands is:
• International brand image
• Extensive advertisements & promotional strategy
• Good distribution systemThe positioning of Lipton is "The sign of good taste" .Where the customers think about quality when they hear the word Lipton macro environment demographic environment Only the population size affects Lipton because the growth of market is affected from population .As the population increase the base of Lipton increases . economic environment The purchasing power of consumers is affected by the income and the price of product . natural environment Natural resources don’t affect its production because the raw materials needed to produce tea are imported from abroad. technological environment Technology doesn’t play a huge role in production because there are no innovations in producing tea or foods and beverages in general political environment Politics is not related that much to Lipton as there were no legal limitations forbidding the production of a certain product. cultural environment Culture plays an important role in Lipton production. Company targets consumer interests and perceptions for example because Egyptians love football Lipton encouraged to launch the campaign of cheering football players. internet application Lipton has more than ten websites worldwide, but unfortunately there is no website for Lipton in Egypt. Lipton does not sell online in Egypt but it does in some other countries. Lipton marketing team is taking into consideration the new trend of online advertisements by creating their own website and buying advertisements spaces on well known Egyptian websites but they are not thinking of selling online as the Egyptian culture will not be welcoming this kind of idea to buy tea over the internet. pricing strategy Lipton follows one pricing strategy for the products which has competitors, the strategy is getting the highest average competitor price and selling the products with a higher prices. This strategy is based on the concepts of offering the number one tea in the world, the premium quality and the finest blend promotion strategy Promotions should be driven by marketing objectives :• The marketing objective of Tea bags and CTC is driving penetration.• The marketing objectives of Dust are driving frequency and value. DISTRIBUTION Channels Unilever is selling their own products using a distributor system which includes selling to retailers, wholesalers and hypermarkets. Those are the marketing intermediaries that help Unilever distribute their goods to the final consumers , Carrefour , Zahran , Metro . recommendation It should always create new ideas to keep up with the environment. it should offer the consumer complements that can increase consumer satisfaction and create overly delighted consumers. The idea of a warm drink with delicious, fresh tea biscuits is very alluring for most Egyptian consumers, therefore Lipton should introduce tea biscuits that complements their high quality tea and makes the consumer tea experience even better.
Advertisements and promotions relating to consumers should be about living day to day with them . The marketing department
Marketing Manager THANK YOU