Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Algebra Tiles
Math Curriculum, sped K-12
Expressions and Equations
Naming the Pieces
Grab a set of tiles and simplify.
-2x + 4
2x² + x -3
(-3x-1) - (4x+2)
(2x²-2x+3) - (3x²+3x-2)
3 + 2x, if x = 4
2x² + 3x - 5, if x = -2
2x - 4 = 8
-x + 4 = 3x -2
3x + 3
4x² + 4x +1
Studies show that students who are instructed using the
1. develop more precise and more comprehensive mental representations
2. show more motivation and on-task behavior
3. understand mathematical ideas
4. better apply math to life situations
The Access Center 2004