Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Great Depression
Transcript of The Great Depression
How did the great depression start?
It started in 1929 on October 29, and there was crash in the stock market and people lost their jobs and savings.
Pros and Cons of The Great Depression
-Stock market drop
What is The Great Depression
The Great Depression was a time in the United States when there was little money and economic growth.
How the Great Depression was solved
World War 2 ended the Great Depression because during the war 12 million Americans were sent to the military and a similar number toiled in defense related jobs. Those war jobs took care of the 17 million people who were unemployed in 1930.
- 50% of the children during the Great Depression did not have good food, shelter or medical care
How the Americans recovered before World War II
Their new president Franklin Roosevelt took charge March 4, 1933 stating
"I pledge you, I pledge myself, to a new deal for the American people."
Wall street crash of 1929
What is the stock market?
The stock market is the business of buying and selling, shares of ownership in a company.
-people with lots of food and money gave their things to the people who didn't have any
- Herbert Hoover was the president at the start of the Great Depression
- Hooverville is a town built by homeless people during the Great Depression named after the president of the United States Herbert Hoover
Why did the Stock Market Crash?
The stock market crashed because the stock owners would raise the price on things to get rich quickly. Then on October 24, 1929 thousands of investers wanted to sell their stock but no one bought them and so the stock market crashed October 29, 1929.
Franklin Roosevelt started up government programs to help the nation recover by giving people food, shelter and creating jobs for long-term.
"The Great Depression." prezi.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2014. <http://prezi.com/tkvzjhssjgdk/the-great-depression/>.