Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Bahamas Human-Envoronmental Interaction
Kylie Higginson 20 December 2012
Transcript of Bahamas Human-Envoronmental Interaction
*Coral Reef Decay
*Hurricane Wilma What sort of impact has it had? Costs Water Pollution From Clay & Glass Industries
(% of total BOD emissions) Hurricane Wilma Struck on October 15, 2005 – October 26, 2005 There was 62 total fatalities in Hurricane Wilma. The lowest pressure was 882 mb. Highest winds were 183 mph. It was a category 5 hurricane. Affected areas were the Bahamas, Haiti, Belize, Cayman Islands, Florida, Jamaica, Honduras, Nicaragua, Cuba and more. This included almost the entire western half of the islands. The Bahamas was 10.15 as of 2001. Its highest value over those 12 years 2001-1989 was 10.15 in 2001, while its lowest value was 6.54 in 1990. * Hurricane Wilma impacted the whole country that was hit by destroying their communities. Any type of natural disaster is extremely impacting.
* Water pollution impacts the ability to find clean water. If their water is polluted, then they cannot have a reliable clean water source.
* Coral reef decay could possibly impact the tourism. Word of disappointment could spread & the Bahamas' tourism wouldn't be as good as it could be if there was no coral reef decay. From the damage that was done from Hurricane Wilma, it costed over 100 million U.S. Dollars. As a result, Wilma is ranked among the top five most costly hurricanes ever recorded in the Atlantic. It is also ranked the fifth costliest storm in United States history. Made By: Kylie Higgins Jada & Brynna Johnson also in group.