Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sanford's Theory of Challenge and Support
Transcript of Sanford's Theory of Challenge and Support
Example: Tying your shoes analogy
- Too much support = no learning
- Too much challenge = frustration
Three Development Conditions
noted by the theory
- a step that pushes a learner to acquire new growth
- an environment that is conducive to student exploration of his or her own identity in a safe and encouraging way.
- demonstration the ability to meet the challenge
How can the theory be applied in a college setting?
- International Scavenger Hunt
- NSCC programs in the community
How does NSCC challenge and support?
- Program content
- Alternate testing environments (Disability Services)
- Learning Commons
- Library Services
- Peer Tutoring
- Student with learning disability.
Nevitt Sanford, Ph.D, Harvard
- Originated in mid-sixties.
- His ideas led to later research on prejudice
- He helped to establish the field of social psychology
- Wrote a book called Where Colleges Fail in 1967 with opinions that were revolutionary at the time and still relevant today.
Prezi Presentation of Theory
Sanford's Challenge & Support Theory | imjoeboe
The Dangers of Getting Comfortable
Nevitt Sanford: A founding student development theorist in all his complexity