Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sanford's Theory of Challenge and Support
Transcript of Sanford's Theory of Challenge and Support
Example: Tying your shoes analogy
- Too much support = no learning
- Too much challenge = frustration
Three Development Conditions
noted by the theory
- a step that pushes a learner to acquire new growth
- an environment that is conducive to student exploration of his or her own identity in a safe and encouraging way.
- demonstration the ability to meet the challenge
How can the theory be applied in a college setting?
- International Scavenger Hunt
- NSCC programs in the community
How does NSCC challenge and support?
- Program content
- Alternate testing environments (Disability Services)
- Learning Commons
- Library Services
- Peer Tutoring
- Student with learning disability.
Nevitt Sanford, Ph.D, Harvard
- Originated in mid-sixties.
- His ideas led to later research on prejudice
- He helped to establish the field of social psychology
- Wrote a book called Where Colleges Fail in 1967 with opinions that were revolutionary at the time and still relevant today.
Prezi Presentation of Theory
Sanford's Challenge & Support Theory | imjoeboe
The Dangers of Getting Comfortable
Nevitt Sanford: A founding student development theorist in all his complexity