Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
History of NARPI
Transcript of History of NARPI
* Start 2 NARPI Training 2011, Aug, 1st NARPI training at Seoul & DMZ, South Korea
* DMZ : is a strip of land running across the Korean Peninsula that serves as a buffer zone between North and South Korea which runs along the 38th parallel north. 1st NARPI Training 2010, Apr 1st steering committee meeting in Seoul, Korea
2010, Oct, 2nd meeting on Peace Boat
2011, Apr, 3rd meeting in Taiwan Steering the NARPI project In 2010, Rod Suderman, Mayasandra Sri, from MCC Asia, Vertucci Christin from MPC became Adviser of NARPI.
MPC : The Mindanao Peacebuilding Institute (MPI) is an Asian training institute grounded in the Mindanao, Philippines context using models developed and adapted for and by Asians. 10. Advisory Board 2009 ~ 2010 NARPI Steering Committee was established
South Korea : Seo Joung Ki, Lee Jae Young, Park Sung Young
Japan : Joyce Meri, Matsui Kathy, Okumoto Kyoko,
Katano Atsuhiro, ShoichiFuji
China : Wang Ying, Ho Chi Kwan
Mongolia : Damdinsuren Oyunsuren
Taiwan : Chen Chien-fu 9. NARPI Steering Committee 2009, KAC and GPAC hosted the International Peace Education Conference (IPEC) in Korea. Through this Conference GPAC decided to involve with the NARPI project.
The Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC) is a member-led network of civil society organizations (CSOs) active in the field of conflict prevention and peacebuilding across the world. 8 Collaboration with GPPAC 7. Establish NARPI In 2009, Jae Young Lee traveled North East Asia Countries
and asked helped from various organizations, Schools, Churches for collaborating with the NARPI project. 6. Tour for NARPI In 2007, Rod Suderman from MCC East Asia showed the interests of
the idea of Peacebuilding School for East Asia. JaeYoung and Rod wrote together
the New Proposal of NARPI to MCC
* MCC : Mennonite Central Committee is the International Mennonite Relief Organization,
which has strong emphasis on Peacebuilding and development around the world. 3. Collaborate with MCC 2. Emerging ideas of NARPI 1. Jae Young attend SPI History of NARPI 2002, KAC peace coordinator Jae Young Lee attended Summer Peacebuilding Institute at Eastern Mennonite University
* Korean Anabaptist Center (KAC) is
Anabaptist Christian Resource Center
founded by collaboration work among
Korean Anabaptist Church and North American Mennonite Church While attending SPI program, Jae Young Lee got idea of peacebuilding School, which focuses on issues of North East Asia communities.
In 2006, He wrote a program proposal and send to various peacebuilding organizations around the world.
* SPI : Summer Peacebuilding Institute at Eastern Mennonite University in Virginia, USA. Seoul Northeast Asia Regional
Peacebulding Institute Summer
Institute Hiroshima May 2009, the NARPI administration team was established and started fundrasing and promote NARPI program
NARPI staff engaged with various peacebuilding institutions such as MPI at Mindanao Philphine. SPI at Harrisonburg, USA, CPI at winipeg, Canada.
* MPI : Mindanao Peacebuilding Institute
* CPI : Canadian Peacebuilding Institute
* SPI : Summmer Peacebuilding Institute
5. learning from Peacebuilding institutions