Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
London Fashion Week
Transcript of London Fashion Week
Your task today includes carrying out a SWOT analysis on London Fashion Week
SWOT Analysis - what is it?
S.W.O.T. is an acronym that stands for
A SWOT analysis is an organized list of your business’s greatest strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
Strengths and weaknesses are internal to the company (think about: reputation, patents, location). You can change them over time but not without some hard work.
Opportunities and threats are external (think about: suppliers, competitors, prices)—they are out there in the market, happening whether you like it or not. You can’t change them.
Get into a group of no more than four students
This task can be completed on google drive - in the header of the page, insert all group members names
You need to think about the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the London Fashion Week event.
12th - 16th September
Vol XCIII, No. 311
What's so special?
Latest Fashion and trends!
" A 100 years ago, being skinny was linked to one being poor and living in poverty & being 'fat' was linked to wealthiness and success - a 100 years on the media has portrayed being skinny is living in fashion and being fat is linked to stress and overeating...." - what are your views on this?
Something to consider:
London Fashion Week is a clothing trade show held in London twice each year, in February and September. It is one of the "Big Four" fashion weeks, along with New York Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week.
- what makes the event stand out and unique?
- what are the internal strengths? - employees skills and expertize?
- How would you judge the marketing of the event? Is it effective?
- Do they have a successful management team?
- Could this be the reason of its success each year?
- Reputation - is it only aimed at high achievers and not middle class earners?
- What image of fashion is portrayed in the media?
- what factors does the show lack in? Are all employees equally trained and qualified?
- Are workers strained to keep up to date with the latest trends?
London Fashion Week
Opportunities and Threats
What opportunities are there for the event ?
- Could they operate more than twice a year?
- Attracting a new market - middle class earners
- Supporting government plans?/ charities?
- Existing shows
- Competing brands
- The UK economy in comparison to other countries
Lets Get started - complete a SWOT analysis on LFW in groups of four