Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of HUMANITIES PPT
what is the value of studying the humanities? Engineering Philosophy VS. Study of humanities practical or useful eg) Universities, especially in Korea Values of Humanities - An academic discipline that studies various aspects of human conditions
- Latin word: 'Humanus'
- eg) Philosophy, Fine art, Literature, Music, Religion etc. Humanities Critical Thinking -Education system does not teach students how to answer 'what if?' questions
-Merely injected with facts and information Study of Humanities:
observe, contemplate, discuss and analyze
eg) Philosophy class Critical thinking develops 3 main values of studying the Humanities Brings innovation Humanities cultivates creativity & imagination innovation eg) Arts "I decided to take a calligraphy class... I learned about serif and san serif type- faces, about varying the amount of space between different letter combinations, about what makes great typography great. It was beautiful historical and artistically subtle in a way that science can't capture.
But ten years later, when we were designing the first Macintosh computer, it all came back to me. And we designed it all in the the Mac. It was the first computer with beautiful typography"
-Steve Jobs, creator of the first Macintosh Computer Restores Morality As scientific technology develops...
More problems concerned with MORALITY Humanities- related to the humans themselves Past Present As technology advances -Humanities were the dominating fields (Literature, Philosophy)
-People emphasized the bigger community rather than individuals -Dominating fields- not humanities, but more practical fields
-More and more individualistic * Learn humanities to prevent from further being driven by the negative aspects of technology Critical Thinking Innovation Morality Humanities- The cornerstones of mankind
It is important to revitalize humanities in education and recognize the importance of humanities