Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Advantages DisAdvantages Of Slavery
Transcript of Advantages DisAdvantages Of Slavery
North vs. South
Slavery in the south
-the state of subjection; bondage; or servitude
- a condition compared to that of a slave in respect of exhausting labor or restricted freedom
Slavery is founded on the selfishness of man's nature; opposition on it to his love of justice.
Whether Black, White, Red, Yellow, or Tan
Does skin color truly define a man?
- Slavery was basically the only thing that kept the Southern economy running.
- The south believed that slavery was a good means of getting work done and it kept everything in order.
- The southerners believed that if slavery was abolished then there'd be chaos and bloodshed everywhere, but the south was only concerned with their own needs and what mattered to them.
- Slavery became the unjust way of getting work done. It lead to unnecessary pain, bloodshed, and loss
The South and slavery
- The south had the idea that all black men, whether slave or not, should have no equal rights and should be seen as just property of their owner.
- Slavery “supposedly” was a good thing because the slave owners took care of their slaves by giving them food to eat, place to sleep, and a job.
A toleration of slavery is, in effect, a toleration of inhumanity. If all men are born free, how is it that some are slaves?
Slavery is theft- theft of a life, theft of work, theft of any property or produce, theft of even a child a slave might have borne.
- Slavery caused a lot of diute between the North and the South; between the Black and the White. - Slavery took away the freedom of others
- It restricted a single race and discriminated them.
- Those who deny freedom to others do not deserve it themselves. In this world no man is fit to rule over another; either everyone matters or no one matters.
- The North was strongly against the keeping of slaves.
- They opposed slavery because they believed all races should have equality and not get discriminated because of their skin color.
- "The greatest inequality is to make things unequal." - Aristotle
- The North tried to get rid of slavery by banning slave trade from the international trade system in 1808. But the in the South, doemstic slave trade flourished.
- The south did everything in their power to keep slavery, even go to war with the north .
North vs. south
- The slaves were living in poor conditions and being treated like trash so they decided to take matters into their own hands; therefore they started different rebellions:
- Gabriel's Rebellion of 1800
- 1822 Rebellion of Denmark Vesey
- 1831 Nat Turner's Rebellion
Getting rid of slavery
"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppresor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."
- Martin Luther King Jr.
The corruptness of slavery
- Slavery was an immoral and unjust thing that corrupted our country and caused a major dilemma in our society.
- Some people say that slaves were taken from Africa. This is not true. People were taken from Africa... and made into slaves.
- Others thought that slavery wasn't that bad, and that America could still be considered a free country.
- But Slavery and Freedom cannot exist together.
- Many people didn't understand what slavery was like because we only realize the importance of our voice when we are silenced.
What light is to the eyes- what air is to the lungs- what love is to the heart, liberty is to the soul of man. Now we can hopefully stay a country that has liberty for all.
Honestly, I personally think that the disadvantages weighed out the advantages. The issue of whether we should keep slavery or not lead to a major bloodshed. The innocent being killed every day, and brother vs. brother. The Civil War should've never been fought and now it reminds us the importance of freedom.
- "A house divided against itself cannot stand." - Abraham Lincoln
There is no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. There is nothing good in war. Except its ending.
- The south has said that slavery had existed throughout history and it was a natural practice of mankind
- The Romans had slaves; the Greeks had slaves; and now the Americans had slaves.
- The southerners pointed out that Abraham (from the Bible) had once owned slaves, and Jesus never spoke out against it.