Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Students have multiple opportunities daily to practice their reading. During the workshop, they are reading
Just Right Books
to practice their reading comprehension and reading skills.
Each workshop ends with a share time.
Students share how their reading went. They share celebrations and difficulties, questions and answers.
Sometimes they share with a buddy and sometimes it is a whole class share.
"Gradual release of responsibility" - Pearson and Gallagher (1983).
Instruction begins with explicit modeling by the teacher, followed by guided practice, then work on a variety of activities that foster independence.
The 3 Parts of the Daily Routine
Mini Lesson/ Guided Practice
- Mentor texts, read alouds, shared reading
- Independent or buddy
- Whole class or buddy
Principles that Guide the Program
1. Mentor Texts:
exemplary literature and strong nonfiction texts
2. Clear Instructional Focus
Children are strong participants in their learning
4.Turn and Talk:
turns whole class instruction into interactive thinking
: Immersed in rich language & opportunities to practice their reading & stretch their understanding
Boost language development
Support learning about the world around us
Promote active listening and
encourage deeper thinking
Home School Connection
READ with or to
GO TO THE