Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Food
Why eat local?
40% of our food in America is wasted, while 1 in 6 are hungry!
Presentation by Lexi, Adriana, Yvonne, Karry, and Shannon
817 million tons
farm machinery >market>home>store food>cook
Food's Dependency On and Relationship With:
Water = plant gowth. Without a sufficient water supply, crop production immediately plummets
1500 L water = 1 kg beef or 1 kg of wheat
Soil plays a big part in allowing plants to extract water and nutrients
fertilizer (affects organism)
overgrazing and clearing (exposes soil to wind and rain)
heavy machinery (compaction)
fossil fuel burning (climate change)