Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Effects of Alcohol
Transcript of Effects of Alcohol
Powerful and addictive drug
It is produced by fermenting
fruits, vegetables, and grains
It can be processed to produce
different liquors Factors That Influence Alcohol Use Peer pressure is strong for teens who don’t drink, yet want to feel accepted within a group who does drink alcohol.
If family members discourage teens from drinking alcohol, teens will more likely avoid drinking because they don't want parental disapproval.
Companies that produce alcoholic beverages spend billions of dollars to make drinking their products seem more attractive. Teens need to analyze these ads. Alcohol’s Role in Unsafe Situations unwanted preganancy, HIV and STD's There are laws about using alcohol.
1. It is illegal for anyone under 21 to buy, possess, or consume alcohol.
2. Teens can be arrested, fined, and sentenced to a detention center.
1. Teens who drink are more likely to be victims of rape or other violent crimes.
2. Teens who drink become more involved in fights.
3. Teenage drinkers are more likely to become sexually active at an earlier age and engage in unprotected sex, resulting in Alcohol abuse is the excessive use of alcohol.
1. About 25% of all youth are exposed to family alcohol abuse.
2. Youths who live with a family member who abuses alcohol are at high risk for neglect, abuse, and other hardships.
3. A person who begins drinking as a teen is four times more likely to develop alcohol dependence than an adult is.
Combining alcohol and extracurricular activities is harmful.
1. Students who drink may be ineligible to participate in extracurricular activities and sports or may even be suspended from school.
2. A student’s future social, college, and job prospects could be harmed.
Being Alcohol Free Maintain a healthy body.
Avoid risky behavior.
Make responsible decisions.
Avoid illegal activities.