Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Japan Culture Presentation
Transcript of Japan Culture Presentation
The modern Japanese writing system uses three main scripts:
Hiragana, used with kanji to make Japanese words
Katakana, used for words coming from English
Kanji , used in pairs, or with hiragana
The Latin alphabet is used for company logos, and for inputing Japanese into a computer
No verb conjugation
No gender of nouns
No articles (a, the)
Number (singular and plural) not important and barely exists!
Syntax or the word order of a sentence, excepting the final verb, is totally free! Japanese Language Longest Life Expectancy: 83.5 years
“one race, one civilization, one language and one culture”.
High suicide rate, suicide is the leading cause of death for people under 30
Full religious freedom, 84-96% are Buddhist or Shinto
Japanese Tea Ceremony
Geisha Japanese People Bowing
Greet teacher with energy and vigor
Place money on trays
Meals begin with "I humbly receive."
Polite to clear your plate completely
Do not eat on the go
The parents of these children take special care when preparing meals for their children. They arrange the food in the order by which it will be consumed.
Shoes are not worn inside the home. Replaced with slippers
4 and 9 symbolize death and suffering
Harmony is a key value Customs Education
Top 5 Songs in Japan:
1) Oh! -Shojo Jidai
2) Good Time -Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen
3) Call Me Maybe -Carly Rae Jepsen
4) Kagayaku Tsuki no Yoni -Superfly
5) Oh Love -Green Day Music in Japan When you enter a Japanese house, remove your outdoor shoes and put on slippers, which are provided by the host.gieshasamurifoodholidaystraditionsmannerisms Japanese Clothing sushi
fresh, lean seafood
pickled or boiled vegetables
Believed to contribute to longevity Japanese Cuisine Sports and Activities Martial Arts:
kenjutsu, kyūdō, jujutsu, and sumo
Baseball is the most popular sport
Soccer, volleyball, basketball, table tennis
• In elementary and junior high school there are no actual grades.
• 240 school days in Japan.
• School starts at 8:30 and ends at 3:20, but students often come much earlier and leave much later.
• Frequent half-days of school on Saturdays.
• Two breaks: Summer vacation, which is the entire month of August, and winter vacation, this year being from December 25th to January 5th.
•Two math textbooks to choose between at the elementary level.
•The majority of students are admitted to both high schools and university programs based upon entrance examination performance.
•Ambitious students attend private cram schools, or juku, and study long hours for both high school and university entrance examinations. Education Education •Curriculum is handed down from the national level as opposed to the state level.
•In elementary and junior high, all students walk to school on a pre-designated route. For high school kids either walk, ride their bikes or take public transportation.
•There are no custodians, the students clean the school. Teacher/Parent
Expectations •Every teacher is required to coach a club activity or sport.
•Home room teachers eat lunch with their students.
•Teachers visit the homes of every single one of their students for a meeting with the parents.
•About a third of the way through the year the parents each come to school for a meeting with the teachers.
•There are ALWAYS at least two teachers in first grade.
•The Japanese believe schools should not only teach academic skills, but good character traits as well.