Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
jaidenaustinMysteries of Ancient Eygpt
Transcript of jaidenaustinMysteries of Ancient Eygpt
Peasants comprised as much as 80% of the Egyptian
population. They also helped build government buildings, along with working in the fields.
Servants were also at the bottom of the 'social pyramid', along with peasants. Servants were the people who worked for the healthy nobles and were exactly like peasants.
Duties of Egyptian Farmers
Mysteries of Ancient Eygpt
Men and boys worked in the fields using hoes, sickles, and their
bare hands.They irrigated crops with a shaduf, which brought the river's water into a canal. The woman baked bread, brewed
beer, spun thread, and wove it into various items. During the flood months of June to September, the farmers were called for service to the government to build pyramids and government buildings. Farmers were the 2nd lowest workers on the social pyramid.
There were many jobs in ancient Egypt. Some of the jobs were craftsman and scribes. But most