Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Skill-related Components of Fitness
Transcript of Skill-related Components of Fitness
Which components of fitness are shown in the pictures?
Watch the video clips and THINK about the importance of the components of fitness
Harvard Business Review
You can use any of the following:
In groups of 4 find out the definitions of each component of fitness
Compare your definition
The Components of Fitness
Unit 1: Fitness for Sport and exercise
Learning Objective: to know the skill-related components of fitness
RED BTEC BOOK
YELLOW FOLENS BOOK
HINT: use the
The Cost to Acquire a Customer (CAC) exceeds the Life Time Value (LTV) a customer brings us.
This is my third go-around selling to large enterprises, SkyStream, Kontiki and now Qumu.
I like to explain to you the problem the way I see it, the changes I suggest to avoid making the same mistake again. and
Latest in asynchronous selling tools
The ability of a sports performer to quickly move or change direction without losing balance or time.
The ability to maintain centre of mass over a base of support. There are two types of balance:
The smooth flow of movement needed to perform a task accurately and efficiently.
Speed times strength
The time taken for a sports performer to respond to a stimulus and the start of their response.
* successfully meet the physical demands of the sport in order to reach optimal performance
* successfully meet the skill-related demands of the sport in order to reach optimal performance
* to perform efficiently
* give due consideration to the type of event/position played.
Why are fitness components important for successful participation in given sport?
Performers are able to:
Choose a sport.
Explain each bullet point above using your experiences in sport. For example, rugby is a very physical sport with many tackles being made. To make sure I don't get injured I must make sure that I am fully fit, have good muscle tone and strength. This will mean that I won't get injured when someone tackles me or I tackle them.
the fitness requirements for achieving excellence in a selected sport
the fitness requirements for achieving
excellence in a selected sport
- this is the amount of movement around a joint. For example a gymnast needs to be flexible to perform the movements correctly such as back flips and somersaults.
- this is how fast you get from A to B for example a hundred metre runner needs speed so he/she can beat their opponents.
-this is the amount of muscle, bone and fat on the body for example long distance runners are really skinny and don’t have much fat because it suits their sport they can keep running for longer and there is less stress on the joints.