Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Properties of Matter
Transcript of Properties of Matter
Way to measure using units of ten
Symbolized by prefixes
Milli multiply by .001
Centi multiply by .01
Kilo multiply by 100
A measure of how much stuff is in an object
Measured in grams
Use a scale or balance to find it
How much space an object takes up
width times length times height or
find with a graduated cylinder
measured in liters(L) or cubic meters
How much stuff is in a given space or how tightly packed in molecules are
measured in grams per milliliter (g/mL)
Find by dividing mass by volume
Often confused with mass but not the same.
Weight is the effect of gravity on mass.
This means you would have the same mass on the moon, but you would weigh less due to the lower gravity
Measured in Newtons (N)