Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Nanochemicals/Nanomaterials
Explore the uses of nanochemicals and new materials
Examples of smart materials
Shape Memory Alloys (SMA)
Hydrocarbon Encapsulating Polymers
What are nanochemicals?
are chemical substances or materials that are manufactured and used at a very small scale (down to 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair).
are developed to exhibit novel characteristics (such as increased strength, chemical reactivity or conductivity) compared to the same material without nanoscale features.
Smart materials can be regarded as materials that respond to a change of temperature, humidity, contact with water, electrical current or other inputs.
They usually change in terms of colour or shape when responding to an input.