Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Troublesome Verb Pairs
Transcript of Troublesome Verb Pairs
is lying I will lie on the grass. My glasses are lying there. NEVER has a direct object "to put down" "to place" Four Principle Parts
is laying Might have a direct object "to take a seat" "to be in a place" Four Principle Parts
Is sitting Usually does NOT have a direct object "To Put" "to place" Four Principle Parts:
Are Setting Usually has a direct object Set the bench there. People sit in the park. "To get up" "To go up" Four Principle Parts
is rising Never has a direct object I rise before dawn. The sun rose slowly above the horizon. "to lift" "to move something higher" Four Prinicple parts
is raising is a regular verb Might have a direct object We raised the anchor. They are raising the sails.