Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BM - Bosch Case
Transcript of BM - Bosch Case
Bosch In India
- Does the "Bosch" position gel with the aftermarket consumers ?
- Need for an Umbrella brand ?
- What's the effect on the brand ?
- How to handle corporate branding ?
- Started in 1951 as brand MICO
- Business Segments : Automotive Tech, Industrial Tech, Consumer Goods
- 90% revenues from Automotive: (60% OEM’s and 40% Aftermarket)
- 2004 : Decides to align the brand with the Global Corporate Brand "Bosch"
MICO to Bosch Transition
- Project B3: Phase I - “Power of We” & Phase II - “Invented for life”
- Target Audience: Media, Employees, OEMS, Opinion Leaders, Aftermarket
- OEM’s, Car Owners, Media, Opinion Leaders: Bosch scored more than MICO on Brand personality
- Aftermarket: MICO’s awareness/position is still better than BOSCH.
Project B3 Results
What should Bosch India do ?
Aftermarket products under the MICO brand
Maintain a family of brands
DO NOT KILL MICO
Does the "Bosch" position gel with the aftermarket consumers ?
Need for an Umbrella brand ?
What's the effect on the brand ?
How to handle corporate branding ?
MICO still strong in the Evoked set model
MICO still a stronger brand than Bosch
Loosing out to competition
- Retain the MICO brand for the aftermarket products
- Position it for: "Quality and reliability" (as it has always been known)
- If corporate branding is a must: Place logo in the background
- Even TODAY the MICO brand has not been completely killed
*Source - Company website
( Recall : Aftermarket 40% of automotive revenues => Problem )
- Bosch in 2008 has improved over Bosch in 2004
- Yet compared to MICO it has a weaker Brand personality
Brand identity and attitude
Brand attitude and perception
Brand attitude and perception
- The power of a brand is inversely proportional to its scope
- Dilution occurs when products of different characteristics are put under the same brand.
(EX : BMW - "Ultimate driving machine")
- Bosch "Innovation" tag on aftermarket products with relatively lower innovation component
- Often trying to fit in different products result in a compromise positioning
- Preferable to strongly differentiate, to better compete
- Diesel systems -> "Innovation"; Aftermarket -> "Quality and reliability"
- Brands are brands, companies are companies
- Customers buy brands NOT companies
- Brands should remain customer focused
If corporate branding is needed
- Use Bosch logo in the background
No company name
In the background
- Aftermarket parts have relatively lower innovation component
- Aftermarket consumers : mechanics, truck drivers ... use aftermarket to mostly for repairs
- They may seek quality and "what generally has worked for them"
- "Quality and reliability" could be a more apt positioning for aftermarket parts
- Bosch : "Innovation" Vs MICO : "Quality and reliability"
- Some products may fit the "Innovation" tag backed by consumer requirement for it
Product "not so" innovative
Weak / diluted
- loss of 50yrs
- emotional connect