Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Nature Bolt
How does it create energy?
dead trees/ bark
What is natural Gas ?
Natural Gas is a fossil fuel
It is a non renewable resource
It takes three millions years to form Natural gas
How is Natural gas formed?
Layers of dead plants and animals build up for 3 M years
Heat and the earths pressure turns the compose into petroleum (oil) and natural gas
It is more environmental friendly than coal and oil
Burns cleaner than other fossil fuels
Easier to transport
Green house gases
1. Big trucks gather supplies
2. Transported to Biomass plants
3. Waste is loaded into furnaces and burned
4. Heat created boils the water
5. The steam turns turbines and generators
Puts a use to "useless" things (dead trees)
Collecting big amounts can be hard
Burning fuel creates greenhouse gases (little)
Materials aren't always available
We'll give you a reason, to come in every season
How does Natural Gas create energy ?
1. Natural Gas is heated
2. The Heat then is used to boil water
3. Hot water creates the steam
4. The stream is forced to turned the turbines
5. When turbines are spinning it turns the generator coil which produces electricity
1. There are more than 2.1 million miles of underground gas pipelines across the United States.
2. In 200 B.C., people in China used natural gas to make salt
3. When natural gas is cooled to 260 degrees below zero, it changes from a gas into a liquid.
What is Biomass Energy ?
Harms the environment (create pollution)
It is dangerous to handle while transporting
Since it is colourless, odorless and tasteless it is dangerous if it leaks
Biomass is the 4th most important energy source in the world
Biomass is a part a carbon cycle
Biomass was used in the olden days
Biomass: Since we got an ice strom in winter break, we got many broke
EXTREME GAMES PARK!!!!
Since we got an ice storm in winter break we got many broken branches and trees. These are some of the supplies to create Biomass energy. Plus since Brampton has a quite amount of liter we could use that produce biomass energy.
The electricity that we get comes from a company called Enbridge which provides us with Natural Gas energy