Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Global Warming
"A gradual increase in the overall temperature of the earth's atmosphere generally attributed to the greenhouse effect caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbons, and other pollutants."
How does this connect to solar energy...?
* Humans can't influence climate change.
* Humans can't influence the extinction of a species.
* Humans can't get the sea levels to rise
* Humans can't 'heat' the ocean.
Global Warming Can't be caused by humans
Scientists have concluded that the burning of fossil fuels- coal, oil and gas, is attributing highly to our planets rapid heating. The population of the world is 7.125 billion people. The population of the US is 318.9 million, and the population of MI is 9.91 million. With as many people on this earth, damage to our planet is bound to occur.
Well that's Not True
From 1912 to 2012, global warming has spiked and continues to do so.
Statistics of Global Warming
This is a diagram explaining the process of global warming and the causes and effects.
Global Warming is real.
Global warming doesn't just affect the environment, it also affects inhabitants. An increase in temperature is making the ice in Alaska and Antarctica melt, which is killing off polar bears.
Polar bears are apex predators in the
food pyramid, which means that they are
essential in their habitat to keep the food
chain running as quickly and efficiently
as possible. If they were to die out, it
would affect not only future generations
on learning about these animals, but
the food chain- that goes for the animals
that the polar bear consumes. Those
animals would become overpopulated,
and then their food source would
become extinct and the process would
What is the greenhouse effect?
"the trapping of the sun's warmth in a
planet's lower atmosphere due to the
greater transparency of the
atmosphere to visible radiation from
the sun than to infrared radiation
emitted from the planet's surface."
What is it?
Global warming connects to solar power because solar power is an alternative to help reduce the output of harmful toxins from other types of energy sources.
What is solar energy used for?
Solar energy is used for many different things!!!
- Electricity: (outdoor and indoor lights)
- Heat: (passive heat storage tubes, solar water heaters)
- Solar chargers (for electronics!)
- Pools and hot tubs
- Solar ovens and much more!