Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Federation by Jena Pettingill
Transcript of Federation by Jena Pettingill
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Issues Before Federation
Issues with federation were that the greater colonies thought and were afraid that they would have to share their money and rich things they had with the smaller colonies.
And the smaller colonies were afraid that they wouldn't get a say or get to vote for things.
Issues with Federation
Henry Parkes was one of the people
Before federation Australia was only divided into six very different and separate british colonies with very different laws and leaders.
There were many issues before federation, including:
Immigration, before federation it was harsh travelling to the different states/colonies because whenever you came across a border you would have to alter trains because the rails or train tracks were different sizes.