Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of RUNNING RECORD
WHAT ARE RUNNING RECORDS?
Running records is a way to observe and record children over a period of time.
It is a very detailed method of observing that is recorded in the present sense.
While the educator is observing the child they are taking note of everything the child does in sequential time. It can be taken in minutes, hours, days or weeks
Full of many details you are able to grasp more than one behavior of the child.
Not focused on solely one behavior like many other observation methods
No need to have extensive training in order to observe the child
Very long and time consuming
It is hard as educators and teachers to keep a running record on a single child on a daily basis over an extended period of time
The educator or teacher that is observing the child will have to keep themselves apart from the other children in the classroom