Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Commas with FANBOYS
Transcript of Commas with FANBOYS
• Coordinating Conjunctions
• Independent Clause
• Dependent Clause
• Complete Sentence
• Compound Predicate/Verb Sentences
More Commonly known as
For, And, Nor, But, Or, Yet, So
Independent and Dependent Clause
An independent clause is a group of words that can stand alone as a sentence. It expresses a complete thought.
A dependent clause cannot stand alone.
(A clause is a group of words that includes a subject and a verb)
A complete sentence consist of 3 main characteristics:
1- A complete sentence must start with a capitol letter.
2. It must end with a punctuation such as a (.) period or a (?)
3. Must have a main clause, a verb and a subject, and must be a complete thought.
Compound Predicate/Verb Sentence
A compound subject/verb sentence is a sentence with more than one subject or verb.
A fanboy can connect words, phrases, and clauses. A comma is used when there are two independent clauses. The comma goes before the fanboy. When there is only one subject and two verbs, then there might not be a comma.
Ricky and Flo love to take pictures together, for they love each other.
Potato chips are unhealthy, yet we still eat them.
The guido is weight lifting.
Laura ran out of colored socks, so she went sock shopping.
My cats lie around all day, and run around all night.
Game Time! :)
Carly put the drinks in the refrigerator before the guest arrived.