Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Fox TV
Differences between the competition networks and FOX:
- Fox only airs two hours of network programming
1) prime time hours
2) three hours on Sundays
- compared to "The Big Three Networks":
1)the three weeknight
2)four Sunday night hours
- Fox is the only commercial television network to air programs in widescreen on its digital feed that are not available in HD.
-Fox also does not air soap operas or any other network daytime programming,
ie - game shows or talk shows
- Affiliates have more time for syndicated programming.
-Fox produces two syndicated daytime courtroom shows, Divorce Court and Judge Alex. Fox also produces two syndicated game shows, Don't Forget the Lyrics! and Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?. History of FOX TV Social Media BBC & Impact Marketing Strategies FOX Bias FOX Television Offerings New Generation
- Facebook - 336,550 fans
○ Post videos and blogs
○ Fox news: 1,811,834 Marketing Strategies - FOX Broadcasting Company employed Market share Partners to conduct a study of television’s importance in the media mix
-QR codes, known as FOX Codes, to deliver promotional and added show content for FOX fall programming.
- Fox has employed branded integration techniques in co-promoting Uniliver's Degree for Men deodorant and its drama series 24. The connection - the overlapping brand attributes of protection, risk-taking and adventure.
Public Relations - Target younger audiences through their airing if Glee, Simpsons, and The American Dad
- It targets an older, more adult audience through shows such as, Bones, House, and the X Factor
- It targets the new generation through airing reality TV shows that the new top rated TV genre. These shows include, Hell's Kitchen, American Idol, MasterChef and So You Think You Can Dance. The network is named after sister company 20th Century Fox, and indirectly
for producer William Fox, who founded one of the movie studio's predecessors,
FOX Broadcasting operates the #2 broadcast television network in the US
(behind CBS) with more than 200 affiliate stations, including 17 TV outlets.
| Fox became the most popular network in America in household ratings for
the first time in its history, replacing CBS Children Programming - 1990, Fox Kids Network.
- The programming shown in this network was aimed at young children, aged 7-11, and preteens
- Fox abandoned Fox Kids after putting up the time slots of bidding with 4Kids Entertainment
- The network lived to be the longest running children’s television block/network, alongside
Nickelodeon Racial Minorities VP of Diverse Programming and Content - developing scripts that feature diverse theme or are written by diverse writers, and will provide input on other Fox scripted projects Goal 1: Creative
Goal 2: Communication
Goal 3: Recruitment & Internship
Goal 4: Minority Procurement.
Goal 5: Executive Component
Goal 6: Emerging Markets
Goal 7: Government Relations
Diversity Strategic Plan Political Bias - Conservative
The most obvious sign of Fox's slant is its heavily right-leaning punditry. Each episode of Special Report with Brit Hume, for example, features a three-person panel of pundits who chat about the day's political news at the end of the show. Administration and Personnel - The Fox Broadcasting Company is owned by the Fox Entertainment Group, where it is named after William Fox, born Wilhelm Fried, who created the original Fox Film Corporation (a pioneer for his time).
- Founders of the Fox broadcasting company: Rupert Murdoch and Barry Diller.
- Rupert Murdoch: born 11 March 1931, CEO of News Corporation, was listed three times in the Time 100 as one among the most influential people in the world, net worth of US$6.3 billion.
Rupert Murdoch, co-founder of the Fox Broadcasting Company. Barry Diller co-founder of the Fox Broadcasting Company. Competitors to Fox Management Control -Fox is organized like any large scale business and can be an example of several organizational approaches.
1) Classical approach (all employees have their place), human relations approach (workers are valued and work well together),
2) Human resources approach (each person brings a unique skill to an organisation). How Fox is Financed - News Corporation investors
- Commercials (influenced by ratings, main source - offers training on mass media, crisis management, publicity, video production and website make-overs
- wants to establish a creadible and reliable source of entertainment and information. - establishes proactive strategies to retract a negative image/ issue & useses mass media to deliver a message that will be favoured. - Motion Pictures The BBC has earned a reputation as an objective, impartial, and neutral broadcast.
They provide an international news broadcast, the BBC World Service, that is viewed by millions of people across the world.
The BBC is the polar opposite of FOX news which has gained a reputation as an inflammatory news service with entertaining hosts Barry Diller: born February 2, 1942,
Position: Chairman and Senior Executive of IAC/InterActiveCorp, served for ten years as Chairman and CEO at Paramount
Produced major shows and pictures: Laverne & Shirley (1976), Taxi (1978), and Cheers (1982) and films ranging from Saturday Night Fever (1977), and Grease (1978) to Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) and its sequel Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) to Terms of Endearment (1983) and Beverly Hills Cop (1984). Peter Rice: chairman, born 1967, a creative executive at Twentieth Century Fox, Rice worked on blockbuster hits, like Independence Day, and established relationships with up-and-coming filmmakers.
- Kevin Reilly: president launched “Glee,” which won the Golden Globe for Best Series – Musical or Comedy in 2010. He also developed and launched Seth MacFarlane’s The Cleveland Show and the J.J. Abrams thriller Fringe at Fox - Twitter
Updates current events
hotlines that will be announced on the news
New episodes of shows on FOX TV In 1985, media baron, Rupert Murdoch started Fox by buying seven independent stations not affiliated with the networks.
Murdoch’s plan was simple, provide lots of sports, cartoons, movies, live cop shows, and youth television shows.
As well as honing in on the niche of a youth audience, Murdoch kept in mind that the level of audience that tuned into news was always high and a television station without news would surely be unsuccessful
- Fox in its infancy stage was struggling to reach as wide of an audience as other main stream networks.
- Through the expansion of genres and the acquisition of both popular and rising daytime television the FOX name became more commonly used when discussing major broadcasting stations.
History Under Assessment Demographics; Children and Soaps Fox Television is targeted mainly at an older youth audience and above.
Fox did at one point target children specifically with one of their channels, Fox Kids. Fox Kids was the Fox Broadcasting Company's American children's programming division and brand name from September 8, 1990 until September 7, 2002.
The biggest soap opera being aired on Fox Television today is the show Glee. It is pretty much the only soap opera being aired, but is not your typical soap opera that plays during the day to entertain housewives. Sites of Accommodation Many observers and critics of the channel have said that it has a bias favouring the political right and the Republican Party at the expense of neutrality.
A Pew Research poll released on October 29, 2009, found that Fox News is viewed as the most ideological channel in America. 47% of those surveyed said Fox News is “mostly conservative,” 14% said "mostly liberal," and 24% said “neither.” FOX and GLBT - FOX provides many entertainment programs that feature gay characters
- ie: Glee, Family guy, running wilde
- According to a study in 2010 Fox had the second highest representation of gay characters on their network (5/100)