Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Cycling
Maria Martin & Julio Cardona
4B Foundations of Personal Fitness
General Medical Evaluations (based off Age)
6-15 once every 3 years
15-34 once every 2 years
35-59 once every year
older than 60 twice each year
Medical Screening - basic evaluation
Medical Exam - more extensive
ask your physician before starting to cycle
Environment for Basic Bikes
traditionally done outside
solid, dry, flat surface
daytime (if dark, use reflectors)
Avoid areas with-
1817- Velocipide,"running machine" by Baron Carl von Drais
1860's - pedals and handle bars were added
1885- added chain and gears
1890s - races began, cycling became more popular
1903- Tour de France ( 6 stages, covering 1500 miles)
Rules for Basic Safety
Stay away from cars
Stay in safe areas
Stay in bike lane
Always check your bike
Stay at a safe speed
Know your route
Always tell someone when you leave
Wear proper attire
RDA's : Male - 2500 - 3000 cal
Female: 2000-2500 cal
Fat - < 30%
Carbohydrates - 50%
Protein - 15%-20%
Vitamins - A, D
Minerals - Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Sodium
Water - 8 8 oz. of water/ fluids
Tour de France
Tour Down Under
BMX World Championships
shoes with grip
1. I want to improve my tennis backhand stroke by the end of the summer. I will do this by practicing 2 hrs a day, 4x a week, for 3 months.
2. From high school to college, I want to have better eating habits by planning a balanced diet and staying away from stress eating.
1. I will lose 2 pounds of fat by doing cycling 3x a week for 4 weeks.
2.I will gain 5 pounds of muscle by running one hour a day, 5x a week, for one year.
"Aliexpress.com : Buy Batman Mens Cycling Clothes Outdoor Sports Cycling Jersey & Shorts Short Sleeves Quick Dry Riding Jersey & Bib Shorts Pants from Reliable Pant Colors Suppliers on Buyerchampion Global Trading Co., Ltd | Alibaba Group." Aliexpress.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 May 2015.
"Bicycle ReflectorsRear-Red." Bicycle Reflectors Rear-Red. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 May 2015.
"Bicycling." Bicycling. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 May 2015.
"The CELERIFERE: The First Bicycle Ever Made." HubPages. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 May 2015.
"Food Pyramid." Food Pyramid. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 May 2015.
Rainey, Don, and Tinker Dan Murray. Foundations of Personal Fitness: Any Body Can-- Be Fit! Minneapolis/St. Paul: West Pub., 1997. Print.