Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Revolutionary War
- Tax on imported Sugar & Molasses
- Tax on Almost all printed material (newspapers, playing cards, all printed material needed a stamp)
New Laws/Taxes Continued
- Tax on imported goods such as glass, tea,paint) eventually Townshend Act repealed (to reverse the law)
was the only good that was still taxed. It was the beverage of choice.
Non Importation Agreement
- Don't buy.... Boycott goods from England.
(Stamp Act Repealed) Parliament declared that they had the right to tax and control the colonies
Boycott Protest Groups Continued
Sons & Daughters of Liberty
- 2 protest groups
- fight broke out between British soldiers & colonist (11 colonist killed) colonist angry protest
Boston Tea Party
- Sons of Liberty protest tax on tea. Destroy tea by throwing tea in water
Continental Congress Formed
- Key players G. Washington, J. Adams, Sam Adams- (asked Parliament to Repeal Acts)
Boycott British Trade
to same rights as Englishmen in England
Grievances/Actions Taken Continued
- citizen soldiers ready in a moments notice.
Fighting Breaks Out!
Begins In New England
(Concord & Lexington) The colonist stored weapons in Concord
- Warned the Colonist the British were heading to Concord
in Lexington (heard round the world)
Fighting Breaks Out Cont'
- became a traitor to colonist
- People loyal to the British
- Supported the war and independence & supported the colonist
2nd Continental Congress
- Met to Declare Independence (important Leaders) GW, Ben Franklin, Sam Adams, John Adams & TJ (Thomas Jefferson)
Created Continental Army
- " Olive Branch Petition" one last try for compromise the king said
- Wrote famous pamphlet called "Common Sense" (called for complete Independence)
Declaration of Independence
- Written by TJ (told the world why the colonist wanted to break away from England)
Revolutionary War Results
- Not Colonies anymore Yeh!!!
- Declared Independence
to be formed- Proclaimed a "New Nation" New beginning.
Revolutionary War Cont'
Entitled to & for complaints against the British
= British, Hessians, Native Am
Colonist, French & some Native Americans too
War lasted 8 long years