Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
D6970 SYPS 2016 Synopsis
Transcript of D6970 SYPS 2016 Synopsis
• Young Rotarians/Young Horizons Clubs
• Satellite Clubs
• Rotaract Clubs
• Virtual Clubs/E Clubs
How would you describe your club?
Reaching Young Professionals and Member Retention
Why did you join Rotary?
• Rotary Stories
• I was asked...(Boss, Colleague, friend)
• Professional Development
Why did you stay in Rotary?
• Leadership Development
• Personal Relationships between Rotarians (mentors, friendships)
• Fun = Motivation
• Peace and Conflict Resolution
• Community Service (Local and International)
• Immediate Fulfillment
• Cross Generational Leaders
• Traditional Thinking
• Stagnant Membership/Retention
• TALK about Rotary! Be proud, brag, share about it with friends
• Invite media to events or evening presentation of checks
• Speak TO businesses about Rotary
Money in the budget for corporate/professional outreach
• Active, updated Facebook page and club website with photos of what Rotary “looks” like
• Focus on INCLUSION (i.e. including all peoples) rather than diversity
Emphasis on what we have in common rather than how we are different
• Be conscious of any internal biases towards more “diverse” members
• Emphasis on INCLUSION from the District level, listening to the needs of the community
• Everyone should be called a Rotarian (Rotaract, Interact, RYLA, RYE, etc)
• Discounted membership or tiers
"Under 35 club"
Sponsorship from other members
“Hardship” fund – when member has lost a job, etc.
• A la carte membership, with optional food/meal plan
Base price for membership, additional cost for any meal eaten
• Transparency of budget to all members
• Reduce internal costs, change venue, or drop meals
• District or club sponsors first year of Rotaract -> Rotary
• Add YP’s in leadership positions
• We are all equals, no seniority
• Embrace new technology
• Evaluate the needs of the group and be willing to drop “tradition”
Prayer, Singing, etc.
Use surveys regularly to take group temperature
• More flexibility against “old rules” around attendance, dress code, etc.
• Make group activities and meetings FUN!
Utilize surveys to gauge member interests
Happy hours/social events
• Be respectful of member time and ability to commit
• Recognize member achievements OUTSIDE of Rotary
• Get members excited about Rotary
Train club about goals of Rotary, what Rotary is all about
Large buy-in on service projects, what do WE want to accomplish?
Paul Harris once said
“This is a changing world: we must be prepared to change with it. The story of Rotary will have to be written again and again.”