Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
D6970 SYPS 2016 Synopsis
Transcript of D6970 SYPS 2016 Synopsis
• Young Rotarians/Young Horizons Clubs
• Satellite Clubs
• Rotaract Clubs
• Virtual Clubs/E Clubs
How would you describe your club?
Reaching Young Professionals and Member Retention
Why did you join Rotary?
• Rotary Stories
• I was asked...(Boss, Colleague, friend)
• Professional Development
Why did you stay in Rotary?
• Leadership Development
• Personal Relationships between Rotarians (mentors, friendships)
• Fun = Motivation
• Peace and Conflict Resolution
• Community Service (Local and International)
• Immediate Fulfillment
• Cross Generational Leaders
• Traditional Thinking
• Stagnant Membership/Retention
• TALK about Rotary! Be proud, brag, share about it with friends
• Invite media to events or evening presentation of checks
• Speak TO businesses about Rotary
Money in the budget for corporate/professional outreach
• Active, updated Facebook page and club website with photos of what Rotary “looks” like
• Focus on INCLUSION (i.e. including all peoples) rather than diversity
Emphasis on what we have in common rather than how we are different
• Be conscious of any internal biases towards more “diverse” members
• Emphasis on INCLUSION from the District level, listening to the needs of the community
• Everyone should be called a Rotarian (Rotaract, Interact, RYLA, RYE, etc)
• Discounted membership or tiers
"Under 35 club"
Sponsorship from other members
“Hardship” fund – when member has lost a job, etc.
• A la carte membership, with optional food/meal plan
Base price for membership, additional cost for any meal eaten
• Transparency of budget to all members
• Reduce internal costs, change venue, or drop meals
• District or club sponsors first year of Rotaract -> Rotary
• Add YP’s in leadership positions
• We are all equals, no seniority
• Embrace new technology
• Evaluate the needs of the group and be willing to drop “tradition”
Prayer, Singing, etc.
Use surveys regularly to take group temperature
• More flexibility against “old rules” around attendance, dress code, etc.
• Make group activities and meetings FUN!
Utilize surveys to gauge member interests
Happy hours/social events
• Be respectful of member time and ability to commit
• Recognize member achievements OUTSIDE of Rotary
• Get members excited about Rotary
Train club about goals of Rotary, what Rotary is all about
Large buy-in on service projects, what do WE want to accomplish?
Paul Harris once said
“This is a changing world: we must be prepared to change with it. The story of Rotary will have to be written again and again.”