Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Digital Cities
"polis" = public
"oikos" = idiotis (idiot)
a community cannot exist without privacy
Alexander & Chermayeff
the social space as a sequence of enclosures
with their own laws
public space = a participatory landscape
public space = a field of political action
public space =
an "impersonal field of codified
and exchangeable informational flow"
a multi-layered field of ambiguity, exchange,
informality and subjectivity where
the individuals can play different roles,
in the theater of the world
A. Public Torque to Private
B. Private Torque to Public
Towards a new identity of public space