Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of World Observer
1. 1 Meter = 100cm
15mm = 1.5 cm
100/4 = 25
1.5 x 2 = 3
25 - 3 = 22
22 x 22 = 484cm
So the area of the painting is 484cm.
2. We know the length of the frame is 25cm.
the width is 1.5cm. Find the area of each corner.
1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25. Multiply the corner area by 4 to find the area of all 4 corners.
2.25 x 4 = 9. Now we just need the area of the long middle pieces so we could add the areas.
25 - 3 = 22cm. 22 x 1.5 = 33
33 x 4 = 132.
132 + 9 = 141. The area of the frame is 141cm.
Formulas You'll Need to Know
John went to his local art museum. He found a
painting with a
frame and was told the perimeter of the frame is 1 Meter long,
and the width of the frame is 15mm.
1.Help John find the area of the painting.
If you finish #1 early:
2.Help John find the area of the frame
Math is used in a multitude of ways in our world. Here is a problem on how you can use math in life.
A perimeter is the length of all sides added together. Ex.) Perimeter of a 5cm square is 20 (5+5+5+5)
10mm = 1cm
100cm = 1 M
Area of a square or rectangle = L x W