Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of THEME
“In every bit of honest writing in the world, there is a base theme. Try to understand men, if you understand each other you will be kind to each other. Knowing a man well never leads to hate and nearly always leads to love.”
Let's start with a "theme song"...
What can we know about the theme of the "Cheers" based on this song and these visuals?
REMEMBER: Theme differs from topic. "Cheers" may take drinking as its subject matter, but it is about so much more....
It's also not enough to say that drinking is "important." (Who would say that?) You must say why and how. In the territory of "Cheers," what is the function of drinking? What can be universalized or generalized about that function?
1. Generate a list of topics introduced by the text.
2. Consider the text's approach to or position on a topic.
3. Gather textual evidence that clarifies that position or approach.
4. Generalize from the specifics of the text.
FOUR EASY STEPS