Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Module1 Homeostasis and Thermoregulation
Transcript of Module1 Homeostasis and Thermoregulation
* Thermoregulation is the process that allows the human body to maintain its core internal temperature.
* Hemeostasis is a process in which the body's internal environment is kept stable, despite changes in external conditions.
Many factors affect the human body temperature such as:
1) Change in work.
2) Different specific heat capacity.
3) Different conduction.
Change in work
#What is BMR?!
- Women: BMR = 655 + ( 9.6 x weight in kilos ) + ( 1.8 x height in cm ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )
- Men: BMR = 66 + ( 13.7 x weight in kilos ) + ( 5 x height in cm ) - ( 6.8 x age in years )
Changing the heat capacity:
# the temperature divers on the 37 C.
# Our hypothesis and assumptions were proved correctly.
# Our model lack of accuracy.
Fakhra Al Ketbi 100035176
Hamda AlMuhairi 100035410
Noura AlAmeri 100036549
Salma AlBlooshi 100036700
Our Question is:”
Is there a relation between temperature and exercising to lose weight?
Cal (t) vs. Temp (C)
2) Heat capacity
Capacity (t) vs. Temp (C)
Conduction (t) vs. Temp (C)
The original simulink (by the instructor)
* What is the heat capacity?
* How did we change the heat capacity in the model?
* What is conduction?
* How did we change conduction in the model?
Change in Conduction
• It helped us to have a deep aspect and knowledge to describe a system behavior.
• Some other constants may change and other factors may vary during this process and we are not taking them into consideration.
• The changes in the constants may be inaccurate.
• This model showed that we can predict any changes during the process.
• It showed how the body temperature is one of the reasons behind losing weight.
# We would have considered surface area of the body as one of the parameter that needs to be changed to determine our hypothesis.
# We would have made experiments on people instead of assuming constants regarding the BMR.