Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of TERRY FOX
A Way to Describe Terry
Wants to make a change
Contributes positively to society
Examples of Model Citizens
P.M. Sir John A. MacDonald
Michael J. Fox
Brief Biography of Terry
* Nation’s High Civilian Award, September 19th 1980
* “Canadian of the Year” in 1980 and 1981
* Monument erected in Terry’s honor in Thunder Bay
- Inspirational figure world-wide
- Remained humble
- Big dreamer
- Athlete, Dreamer, Activist, Model Citizen.
Terry Fox as model citizen?
1955 - 1964
1975 - 1981: the most significant years of Terry's life
1965 - 1974
July 28th 1958
November 12th 1976
March 19th 1977
(cc) image by jantik on Flickr
September 1st 1980
April 12th 1980
June 28th 1981
Introduction to Terry Fox
"Even if I don't finish, we need others to continue. It's got to keep going." - Terry Fox
- 60 countries have the annual
Terry Fox Run
- Over $550 million for Cancer Research
- Terry Fox Foundation
Great is he in whom's footsteps others
more than 30 years later,
people look to Terry Fox for inspiration and motivation to keep going.
Judge People by there Ability not there Disability
terry fox saying
terry in hospital first time when cncer occured
Terry Fox was Born
TERRY FOX START HIS MARATHON
HIS CANCER CAME BACK IN HIS LUNGS
TERRY FOX DIED
MARATHON OF HOPE
TERRY FOX IN HIGH SCHOOL
i remember promising myself that i should live to prove myself deserving life