Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Marijuana
• A very controversial subject among the United States government.
• Putting legalization on marijuana for medicinal uses could and would send mixed messages to the public.
• We believe that marijuana should not be legalized for medicinal purposes. Effects • Many bad short-term side effects like:
• Impaired comprehension
• Hallucinations, delusions
Red, irritated eyes
• The long-term effects include:
•Decrease in testosterone levels in men
•Psychological dependance to marijuana
•Enhanced cancer risk Reasons • For legalization of marijuana in medical forms, the drug would be easier to obtain for recreational uses. Facts • Marijuana has been illegal in the United States since 1972, when it became popular. • Marijuana also impairs your learning ability by changing the manner in which you receive sensory information. • Families have been torn apart from this drug, as the user becomes more independent because the user usually starts taking other drugs. • Studies show that within one hour of smoking marijuana, heart attack chances almost quadruple. • Marijuana is a gateway drug that will almost surely lead to use of other, worse, drugs such as methamphetamine and heroin use. • Marijuana contains over 400 chemicals that are harmful to the body such as THC and Cannabinol. • Marijuana is not all natural and is psychologically addictive. There are withdrawal symptoms that occur contrary to popular belief, like anxiety and panic attacks. • Marijuana is a dangerous drug because it usually isn't controlled and there are much safer drugs that offer the same relief at a much safer risk. Marijuana Marijuana and Youth Since marijuana will be easily accessible, youth will be able to get it more easily
Marijuana affects the learning ability in the brain
This will make it hard for kids to learn in school and will get them behind You dont need to be high to be happy!