Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Artificial Organs
- Skin Disease through the regeneration of skin
- Diabetes through the replacement of the dieased persons pancreas
- Cancer affecting specific organs or blood such as leukemia How it's done... Growth of 3D cell cultures that act almost like biological legos
-Using magnetic forces to levitate cells while they divided and grew, scientists are able to form tissues that more closely resemble those inside the human body. Scientists are also able to "print" cells out using a 3D printer that uses human cells and a "goop" to hold it all together Tubular Tissue Constructed from Cellular Building Blocks Eventually people if people "wore" out an organ they could simply go to the doctor for a brand new one. - Stems Cells are: Found in all multicellular organisms, that can divide and differentiate into diverse specialized cell types and can self-renew to produce more stem cells. - However many Christians and believers of other major religions believe this allows scientists to "play god". - The downside to this is that stem cells form the major footnote for artificial organs and until recent developments, stem cells were the only way to produce such organs. A half sphere of polymer cubes built by researchers at the MIT-Harvard Division of Health Sciences Tubular Tissue Constructed from Cellular Building Blocks In the future, should your bones crack, you back ache or your heart grow old, you'll be able to simply replace them. Soon, the readability of artificial organs will result in a world that much more free of disease Citations: Hernandez, Javier G. "'Micromasonry' Turns Cells into Lego Blocks For Building Artificial Organs." Popular Science. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Feb. 2013. "Building Artificial Organs Using 'biological Legos'" - Image 1 of 2. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Feb. 2013. Our opinion: We respect the beliefs of others, however we find it ridiculous for religion to hold back suck a miraculous innovation that could offer huge benefits for man kind as a whole By: Brian S. and Kasey L.